Everyone loves a good casserole right? I mean, throw a few ingredients into a baking dish, let it do it's magic in the oven and voila! Dinner is served. Not a lot of fuss with a casserole and they are usually pretty tasty and hearty. We really enjoyed this casserole version of a classic chicken cordon bleu recipe. Grab a pen and paper, you'll wanna jot this one down!
- 2 lbs boneless/skinless chicken breasts (confession: I only had boneless/skinless chicken thighs and it turned out delicious so I'd day feel free to use whichever you have)
- 1 lb deli style sliced ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 TBSP butter
- 6TBSP flour
- 2 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 2 TBSP melon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 1/2 panko bread crumbs
- 4 TBSP melted butter
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
How to Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 375. Butter a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Boil chicken until cooked thoroughly, then chop into small, fine pieces. Placed chicken pieces in baking dish.
- Chop ham and layer on top of chicken in baking dish
- Layer Swiss cheese on top of ham evenly.
- In a pan melt 4 TBSP butter over medium heat, slowly add flour. Make sure to continue to whisk to avoid burning. Slowly add milk continuing to stir continuously.
- Add mustard, paprika, salt, lemon juice, white pepper to milk mixture and stir until all ingredients well combined. Pour into layered baking dish.
- In a seperate bowl, melt 4 TBSP butter in microwave. Remove and add break crumbs, seasoning salt, and parsely. Mix well and layer on top of baking dish.
- Put in oven and cook for 35 minutes.
**** CHECK OUT MORE RECIPES HERE!***
Delicious right?! It was creamy and oh so flavorful. I paired mine with some green beans and mmmmm, it was heavenly!