In case you guys didn't already know, I have a big sweet tooth. I have been scouring the good ol interwebs in search of the perfect, summer-y delight to satisfy said sweet tooth. Of course I hoped over to the Pillsbury website, they never disappoint, and this time was no different. These lemon blondie bars are heavenly. Super moist, and the best part...only 5 ingrediants! That's my kind of recipe.
Ok, so let me break it down for you:
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 all purpose flour
- 2-3 large lemons
- 1 whole egg plus 1 egg yolk
- Heat oven to 350 and spray the bottom of an 8x8 pan generously with cooking spray
- In large bowl, break up sugar cookie roll. Add powered sugar, flour, lemon juice, 1 tsp grated lemon peel, and egg/egg yolk.
- Stir until mixed well and pour into pan
- Bake 22-26 minutes. (you'll know its done if you insert a toothpick into the center and it's almost completely clean)
- Let cool ~45 minutes before cutting into square
If you are interested in making a glaze (and why wouldn't you? Need I repeat myself, easy and delish) just combine 1 cup powered sugar, the juice from one lemon, and just about 1 TBS water. Mix well and pour over the cooled bars.
*** GET MORE SAVORY RECIPES EVERY FRIDAY!