The kids start back to school next week (can I get an amen!) and I find myself scrambling to make my weekly menu plans. Between school, gymnastics, dance, and club soccer, it's imperative that I have some semblance of a plan when I begin each week. This weekend I plan on prepping some easy breakfast bites to make ahead and refrigerate for easy, filling meals before school in the AM.
- dozen eggs
- pack of bacon
- cooked sausage, crumbled
- choice of cheese (I used cheddar)
- hash browns
- garlic salt/pepper to taste
How to cook:
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line inside of cupcake tins with bacon (see picture for example)
- Add roughly 1-2 tbsp hasbrowns to each tin
- Beat eggs in medium mixing bowl with garlic salt/pepper and divide between the 12 cupcake cups
- add about 1 tbsp cooked sausage to each tin
- sprinkle each tin with cheese
- Cook for 15 minutes
I placed them all in a large tupperware container in the fridge for easy access. Just pop a couple out each morning, heat in the microwave and voila! A hearty breakfast to start off the day!
What time saving tricks do you use in the mornings to get the kids out the door? Any good breakfast recipes to try?